Current Job Openings
PetVet Care Centers, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of veterinary hospitals for companion animals. The company operates over 450 hospitals across multiple states and employs over 11,000 people including over 800 veterinarians. Since its inception, PetVet has been structured around a model that is focused on developing a partnership between the hospitals and the company and providing the highest quality medicine and service.
Position Overview: Supports and adds value to an efficient organization dedicated to quality care and exceptional service. Performs a variety of clerical and customer service work in providing support to the hospital.
- Offers owners and potential owners a warm and friendly greeting in person or on the phone; answers their questions.
- Provide top-notch customer service.
- Maintain a professional appearance (clothes and attitude).
- Identify and work compassionately with clients in various emotional states.
- Responds to inquiries about the range of services the practice provides and the species it treats; refers to the appropriate department/staff member as needed.
- Coordinates the flow of pets and owners in the lobby; placates owners distressed by long waits, scheduling glitches, and other problems.
- Recognizes the symptoms of pets and owners in crisis; handles basic medical emergencies appropriately.
- Assists owners when picking up medications or special dietary products; answers questions.
- Inputs data to practice management software to check pets in; makes simple postings to accounts; compiles data for various reports.
- Types and edits a variety of correspondence, reports, memoranda, and other material ensuring accuracy.
- Receives and distributes incoming mail; processes and stamps outgoing mail.
- Performs cashiering duties; processes refunds, returns, and credits as needed.
- Organizes and processes all payment plans.
- Processes billing statements and collections.
- Coordinates and schedules appointments; calls owners scheduled for the next day to remind them of their appointments, appointment times, and any special instructions, such as the need for fasting, withholding or administering medications.
- May assist with retail sales.
- May weigh pets when they come in for exams, procedures, etc.
- Responds to client emails.
- Processes faxes.
- Shows up for work regularly; full-time presence at work is essential for every shift.
- Obtain previous records from other facilities and adds to patient chart.
- Calls clients whose pets are overdue for vaccines, grooming, medication refills, etc.
- Able to learn basic veterinary medicine terminology.
- Become familiar with retail products, medications, vaccinations, routine testing, and heartworm and flea preventatives and be able to confidently discuss with clients.
- Have a strong sense of excellent customer service and be able to provide that to clients even during high-stress situations.
- Be able to multi-task efficiently.
Receptionist Job Description:
- Able to identify conditions over the phone that can potentially be emergencies and scheduling those appointments appropriately.
- May take medication refill requests and messages for doctors.
- Able to use Windows-based computer systems, word processing, email, web search, and other skills needed to effectively use software.
- Able to reconcile the drawer and complete end-of-day duties at the close of the day.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service: Displays a desire to provide outstanding services and exceed customer expectations.
- Communication: Uses effective and appropriate methods of interacting with others.
- Energy and Productivity: Completes tasks quickly and thoroughly without prompting.
- Flexibility and Multi-tasking: Adapts easily to changing demands and manages multiple priorities effectively.
- Administrative Ability: Uses appropriate administrative and clerical procedures and systems for managing office work.
- Dependability: Demonstrates responsibility in completing all job tasks.
- Team orientation: Works cooperatively with the team to address tasks and accomplish goals.
- Organization and Attention to Detail: Monitors and reviews information thoroughly and maintains an organized system for all documents.
- Time Management: Manages time and prioritizes work tasks effectively.
- High school diploma or GED.
- May consider an equivalent combination of education, certification, training, and/or experience.
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as alphabetizing files and records.
- Ability to provide great customer service in a courteous, prompt, and efficient manner.
- Ability to perform cashier duties accurately.
- Ability to multitask and pay close attention to details.
- Must be flexible with scheduling and able to work some weekends and holidays.
- Depending on functional area of assignment, tasks may involve extended periods of time at a keyboard or workstation and/or extended periods of time standing and/or walking.
- May involve some climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Some tasks involve the periodic performance of moderately physically demanding work, usually involving lifting or carrying moderately heavy animals (up to 50 pounds).
The list of essential functions, as outlined in this job description, is intended to be representative of the tasks performed within this classification. The omission of any job function does not preclude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment to the position.
PetVet is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE, M/F/D/V
PetVet respects your privacy and is committed to protecting your personal information. Please see our privacy notice for additional information about our data practices.
Why Consider Our Hermitage Hospital?
At Hermitage Animal Clinic, our team members all share the same passion for making and keeping pets well.
Our hospital truly is an excellent place to work, with a highly skilled team focused on 'best in practice' veterinary care.
We are very supportive of individuals looking to grow their veterinary careers and look forward to hearing from you.
We invite you to explore your veterinary career options with Hermitage Animal Clinic, where you'll be a respected member of a team that loves pets and values the contributions from every individual on the team.